blackboard tips & tools
We are committed to providing an effective, comprehensive, and robust infrastructure to deliver the highest quality and sustainable online learning support services aligning with the University’s mission through Catholic intellectual tradition and the dialogue between faith and reason.
Faculty Online Resources
Blackboard Tips And Tools
Start with your Department Chair
Each department is unique and may have a process for you to follow. Your department chair can start the process to get your, St Thom email, Blackboard access, and other resources, such as a department syllabus template or maybe online material for the course you will teach.
You can use Blackboard for all types of UST course delivery modes.
emergency broadband benefit
Your household qualifies for the Emergency Broadband Benefit if it has an income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines OR any member of the household:
- Qualifies for Lifeline benefits through participation in SNAP, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit;
- Participates in one of several Tribal specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal Head Start (only households meeting the relevant income qualifying standard), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 with a total household income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers;
- Received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year;
- Received approval for benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program, and that provider received FCC approval for its eligibility verification process.
Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household. Program rules acknowledge there may be more than one eligible household residing at the same address.
- Discount of up to $50 per month
- Up to $75 per month for those living on Tribal lands
- One-time device discount of up to $100